An all-inclusive annual remuneration package as per Local Government Gazette 40117 dated 1 July 2016: Upper limit of total remuneration packages payable to Managers directly accountable to Municipal Managers. Minimum: R768 305.00; Midpoint: R878 063.00 or Maximum: R987 820.00.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 5 years relevant experience at a senior management level as program/project manager and engineering management of which 3-4 years must be at professional / management level engineering management experience.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering / BTECH: Engineering; or equivalent. Certificate of competency as required in terms of the General Machinery Regulations 1988; or Registration with a recognised relevant engineering professional body. MFMA / CPMD competencies will be an advantage.
- Focus areas: Civil Engineering Services. Streets and Storm Water, Water and Sewerage, Waste Management, Electro-Technical Services, Project Management, Infrastructure and Development Planning, Roads, Transport Engineering, Storm Water, Solid Waste Management, Strategic Management.
- Compliance with the MFMA competencies as per Government Notice 21 of Local Government Gazette 37245.
- Registration with the engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) as Pr Eng. in terms of Engineering Profession of South Africa Act, 46 of 2000.
- Good Knowledge and Understanding of relevant policies and legislations;
- Good understanding of governance systems and performance management
- Must be able to formulate engineering master planning, project management and implementation; and Must have extensive knowledge of the public office environment
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Manage complex civil structures projects from conceptualisation, design contract management, quality assurance and compliance and ensure their proper integration to the municipality’s overall plan (IDP).
- Perform financial monitoring through commissioning, operations and maintenance to ensure effective and efficient functioning of the department within the budgetary constraints of the Municipality.
- Manage all infrastructure-related grant funding allocated to the Municipality.
- Provide professionally advisory to the municipality on project conceptualisation, design project management and implementation.
- Oversee the management of all equipment and capital resources to ensure accountability by the department.
- Manage all department’s contracts and tenders according to the approval SLA’s terms of reference, letter of appointment and contracted project time lines and as per project brief.
- Responsible to ensure proper infrastructure development and planning, project management and administration.
- Ensure diligent execution of municipal functions and management of the department in accordance with applicable legislation.
THIS IS A RE-ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POSITIONS OF MANAGER CORPORATE SERVICES, CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER, MANAGER TECHNICAL SERVICES AND MANAGER COMMUNITY SERVICES. AL THE APPLICANTS THAT HAVE APPLIED FOR THESE POSITIONS UNDER NOTICE NUMERS 20/2017, 21/2017, 22/2017 AND 23/2017 WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE RECOGNISED.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL THE ABOVE POSITIONS:
- Must have a valid driver’s licence; Must be a South African citizen; High level of integrity and honesty.
- Good knowledge of Supply Chain Management Regulations and Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000; Excellent communication and negotiating skills at all levels of government; Skilled in conflict resolution, problem solving and ability to be decisive; Good interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and Sound knowledge and understanding of computer packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Munsoft will be an added advantage)
COMPETENCIES FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS:
- Strategic leadership and management, people management, operational financial management, governance, ethics and values in financial management, financial and performance reporting, risk and change management, program and project management, legislation, change and governance leadership, policy and implementation, supply chain management, audit and assurance.
Applications should be submitted on official Thabazimbi Local Municipality application form obtainable from the Municipality or at www.thabazimbi.gov.za and must be completed in full. Certified copies of your identity document, license and qualifications, CV and particulars of at least three contactable work-related references must be attached. The specific reference number for the post must be quoted. Failure to submit the required documents will automatically disqualify applications.
Applications should be submitted to:
The Acting Municipal Manager; Thabazimbi Local Municipality; Private Bag X530; THABAZIMBI; 0380 or delivered personally at Thabazimbi Municipality, Corporate Services Department, Sarel Pelser Building, Thabazimbi, 0380.
Candidates will be expected to complete a practical competency-based and psychometric assessment. Applicants must note that their appointment is subject to the following reference checks: qualifications, criminal records, security vetting and record of dismissed staff members contemplated in section 57A of the Municipal Systems Act.
The successful incumbent must sign an employment contract, a performance agreement as contemplated in section 57 of the Municipal Systems Act, 32 of 2000 and provide a disclosure of financial interests.
All general enquiries should be directed to Human Resources Manager, Me Isabel Harding at (014) 777 1902 or the Human Resource Officers, Ms Dorothy Mabitsela or Vuyelwa Seleka at (014) 777 1902 during office hours (07h30 – 16h15).
NB: No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered.
NOTICE NO.: 30/2017
CLOSING DATE: 31 MAY 2017
Communication will only be limited to shortlisted candidates and if you do not receive any response from us within three (3) months after the closing date, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
MS MABITSELA - ACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER, THABAZIMBI MUNICIPALITY